Tuesday, September 7, 2010

proj2 write-up

This project was much more difficult to acquire the resources for than it was to put together…or at least it would have been if I hadn’t been stupid and done half of the project in Photoshop. I suck at Photoshop, and Photoshop likes to crash on me fairly consistently…always right when I’m about to save (It’s talented like that). Anyways, right when I decided to ditch that program and compile the whole thing in FCP, everything started to go wonderfully smooth. In the end, I had to do the final masking and rendering in Photoshop, since for some reason some of the .mov’s I created in Photoshop wouldn’t transfer over to FCP for compiling for some reason, but just doing that in Photoshop was a simple matter.
The project came out about how I had hoped, though some of the Morse code bleeps are a little bit far between as re-rendering the final file in Photoshop seems to have finally corrected the black space issue, and a lot of the black space I had expanded for various reasons. It still comes out looking alright, but after watching it a few times I think I’m going to redo the Morse code when I can get a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment