Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 ideas

My first idea is based on a video I saw by a band, Mogwai. It constitutes having an array of objects in a line. Either it can be done in the same manner as the video, with the objects already there, or the objects can either appear or else move into the line. I’m also considering having the line lead to something, though I’m not sure what at the moment (incinerator, trash compactor, etc). This is probably the easiest of my ideas to implement.
The video relating to this idea is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC_3alnTE9g


My second idea is based on the BLU animations mixed with the Kentridge animations. It’s also mixed with the reoccurring idea in a lot of cartoons where the characters will enter paintings in a museum and jump from painting to painting. I see a blank canvas, either hanging on a wall or maybe on an easel. A painting/drawing begins to happen on the canvas which culminates into a creature/figure of some sort, who begins to jump from the first canvas to various painting/pictures/canvases strewn about the room.


My third idea is perhaps the most complicated and probably the hardest to implement since it would take a significant number of pictures to pull off at anything close to the quality of the video. But it would be amazing to attempt, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be a person involved. The thing most appealing about this though, is the double layer of stop motion going on, added in with creating space within a different space. It boggles my mind…my mind! It burns! Anyways, this is my favorite of the ideas, but again, it might be outside the realistic.
The video related to this piece is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmkLlVzUBn4

No comments:

Post a Comment